VisitingGiannutri: Hidden Treasures
A day dedicated entirely to the discovery of the island of Giannutri, the southernmost island of the Tuscan Archipelago and best known for its natural beauty, its crystal clear sea and its splendid and rich seabed, a true paradise for diving and snorkeling enthusiasts. The day trip is designed for those who love nature, being in contact with it and the tranquility of still wild and semi-inhabited places. The day will include two excursions to be carried out accompanied by a Official Guide to the Tuscan Archipelago National Park. The first nature hike, will take us through a path that unravels through the Mediterranean scrub and wilderness of the island, from Cala Maestra to one of the island's most picturesque coves. The excursion will give us a chance to learn about the flora and fauna that inhabit the island and to spot the migratory birds that pass through here. On the return to Cala Maestra and Cove Spread, the two docking points, a visit to theAncient Roman Villa, built here by the Imperial Family of the Domizi/Enobarbi in the first half of the second century AD. They spared no expense in building the mansion with a breathtaking view of the sea. The villa covered an area of about 5 hectares of land and had a huge terrace overlooking the sea accessible by a flight of steps. Similar to its twin, the villa built on the island of Giglio, it remains as evidence of Roman rule in these territories and the trade they initiated with the mainland.
- 09:30 am Collection point with the Park Guide Piazzale Candi, Porto Santo Stefano.
- 09:45 am Boarding together with the Park Guide on Maregiglio ferry
- 10:00 a.m. Departure from Porto Santo Stefano
- 11:00 a.m. Arrival at Giannutri Island and beginning of the visit in the footsteps of the Romans until arriving at the ancient and lush Roman Villa of the Domizi/Enobarbi
- 1:00 pm Our guide will be able to show you the best place to have lunch and rest
- 2:00 pm we continue the visit by going inside the Tuscan Archipelago National Park accompanied by the Park Guide to one of the most picturesque coves on the island.
- 4:00 p.m. Departure from Giannutri Island,
- 5:00 p.m. Arrival at Porto S. Stefano.
Availability: from the 1stApril at September 30, each Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
Duration: FD all day
Prices per person:
adults $61.50 |(5-12 years old) guys €38 | (0-4 years old) free infants
What is included
- Transfert Porto S. Stefano/Island of Giannutri A/R
- Licensed guide for the duration of the Tour
- Guided tour of the island
- Villa Romana entrance ticket
- Baggage medical insurance
- Giannutri landing fee
What is NOT included:
- Transfers to boarding location;
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the program/description and under "What's included."
- Packed lunch
- The excursion is guaranteed upon reaching minimum Of 10 participants.
- It is recommended to report to the meeting point at Piazzale Candi with the Park Guide at least 30 minutes before Of departure equipped with a ticket, not to embark independently but accompanied from the Guide.
- To participate in the hike the use of hiking shoes is mandatory, the guide reserves the right to exclude participants from the nature hike if they are not wearing appropriate clothing. (forbidden to use flip-flops, sandals, flip-flops, leather shoes)
- It is recommended to bring water, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- All explorers are advised to have respect for the ecosystem, to Not to introduce non-native animal species to the island, to take care of the existing flora and fauna and, therefore, Do not leave any trash traces or residue.
- In Summer or if the temperature will allow you to do so, it is recommended that you bring your own beach towel, hat and sunglasses, swimsuit, sunscreen comfortable shoes and beach shoes.
- Pets not allowed.
- Cancellation Policy: you can cancel your reservation within 48 h of the scheduled departure date. In case of cancellation within the stipulated time limit, a full refund of the ticket is provided. In case of cancellation beyond the established terms there is no refund. To receive a refund of your online purchase you must send an email to: email@example.com. We will make the refund by crediting the full amount to the credit card used to make the payment, minus the commission fees. Read Terms and Conditions MiniCruise Service
We reserve the right to cancel the excursion in case of adverse marine weather conditions and force majeure.
In that case, we will refund the excursion.
Punta Capel Rosso