VisitingGiannutri: Hidden Treasures
Excursion to Giannutri, discover with us its hidden treasures
Leave with Le Crociere del Sole! Late May to late September, we organize day trips to Giannutri, which will allow you to discover the hidden treasures of this beautiful island of the Tuscan Archipelago.
To participate is really very simple! You will just need to book online (you can click on the button below) choosing the date that suits you best (available days are marked in green). Our excursions to Giannutri are made every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, with scheduled departure from Porto Santo Stefano (here you can find all the information about where to park the car and the location of the point of embarkation).
For excursions we use the Motorship Silver Coast (the newest ship in our fleet of boats, launched only 2 years ago!), which will take you to your destination in about 1 hour of sailing. Once you arrive on the island, you will get to enjoy a day full of experiences, thanks to theContribution of an official Archipelago Park Guide. That will accompany you all along the way.
The advantages of participating in our organized excursion to Giannutri
The itinerary of the trekking route in Giannutri is carefully designed and allows participants to fully immerse themselves in the secrets of this island.
Here are the benefits you will have by participating in our organized excursion:
- you will discover the best the island has to offer, with an exceptional guide who will explain everything there is to know about the local area, fauna and flora;
- you can explore the island by following various hiking trails, and also stop at exclusive coves for a refreshing dip
- you will also have the opportunity to visit the Roman Villa of Giannutri, dating back to the second century AD and accessible only with the accompaniment of one of the official guides of the Tuscan Archipelago Park.
09:30 am Collection point with the Park Guide Piazzale Candi- Ferry Terminal, Porto Santo Stefano.
09:45 am Boarding together with the Park Guide on Maregiglio ferry
10:00 a.m. Departure from Porto Santo Stefano
11:00 a.m. Arrival at Giannutri Island and beginning of the visit in the footsteps of the Romans until arriving at the ancient and lush Roman Villa of the Domizi/Enobarbi
1:00 pm Our guide will be able to show you the best place to have lunch and rest
2:00 pm we continue the visit by penetrating into the Tuscan Archipelago National Park accompanied by the Park Guide to one of the most picturesque coves on the island.
4:00 p.m. Departure from Giannutri Island,
5:00 p.m. Arrival at Porto S. Stefano.
Availability: Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from 1June 9 at Sept. 15, Monday, April 1 and Wednesday, May 1.
Saturday and Sunday from May 1 at June 16 and from the 16 at September 30.
Duration: FD all day long
Prices per person
adults $61.50 |(5-12 years old) guys €38 | (0-4 years old) free infants
The fee includes.
- Transfert Porto S. Stefano/Island of Giannutri A/R
- Licensed guide for the duration of the Tour
- Guided tour of the island
- Villa Romana entrance ticket
- Baggage medical insurance
- Giannutri landing fee
The fee does NOT include.
- Transfers to boarding location;
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the program/description and under "What's included."
- Packed lunch
Want to take part in our organized excursion to Giannutri? Here are some essential recommendations you need to know!
- Meeting point: we ask you to reach the meeting point (located at Piazzale Candi 8 - Ferry Terminal) with the Park Guide at least 30 minutes before departure. Be sure to have your reservation with you and wait for the Guide to arrive, before boarding.
- Minimum number of participants: The excursion will be confirmed upon reaching a minimum of 10 participants.
- Equipment: To experience a happy excursion in Giannutri, it is essential to wear hiking shoes. The Guide has the right to exclude those who do not wear appropriate clothing for the hike (sandals, flip-flops, leather shoes are prohibited).
- Provisions: don't forget to bring water, food and a hat to protect you from the sun.
- Animals: Out of respect for the local ecosystem, pets are not allowed on the excursion.
- Respect for the environment: Giannutri is an island rich in biodiversity. Let's defend its ecosystem by avoiding the introduction of non-native species and make sure we don't leave waste behind.
- Tips for the summertime: if the weather permits, don't forget to bring a beach towel, sunglasses, swimsuit, sunscreen and rock shoes.
Remember that hiking in Giannutri is not only an adventure, but also an opportunity to connect with nature in a responsible and respectful way.
- Cancellation Policy: you can cancel your reservation within 48 h of the scheduled departure date. In case of cancellation within the stipulated time limit, a full refund of the ticket is provided. In case of cancellation beyond the established terms there is no refund. To receive a refund of your online purchase you must send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make the refund by crediting the full amount to the credit card used to make the payment, minus the commission fees. Read Terms and Conditions MiniCruise Service
We reserve the right to cancel the excursion in case of adverse marine weather conditions and force majeure.
In that case, we will refund the excursion.
Parking in Porto Santo Stefano
Would you like to know about other excursions organized by The Sun Cruises? Find out below!
Visit to the Roman Villa of Giannutri
For history buffs, a visit to Giannutri's Roman Villa, located near Cala Maestra, offers a glimpse into the island's Roman past. This luxurious villa, built overlooking the sea by the Domizi Enobarbi family.
Snorkeling in Giannutri
Giannutri Island stands out as one of the most enchanting destinations within the Tuscan Archipelago. And what better way to uncover its wonders than with those who are well-versed in every nook and cranny of the island?
Snorkeling at Giglio Island
Our excursion is designed for lovers of the sea and its depths. We will take a tour of the island in an inflatable boat, accompanied by an experienced snorkeling instructor, and feremero to the island's most fascinating coves to dive into their wonderful waters.